First Insured is seeking an experienced and career-minded Personal Lines CSR to assist in rapidly expanding our personal lines division. This is a full-time position with company benefits.
Position Overview and Summary
If you are just looking for a new job, please stop now
. If you're looking for a career
- keep reading.
As a both a growing independent agency as well as MGA for a well-known A-rated multi-billion dollar insurer, we are seeking an experienced
personal lines CSR to assist in maintaining and growing our personal lines business in Texas. This is a key position within the agency that reports directly to the vice president.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Complete accurate quote requests and send proposals for inbound or existing personal lines prospects
- Review X-dates and manage renewals on assigned accounts
- Follow up to ensure timely receipt of quotations and policies
- Prepares, orders, and issues binders, policies, endorsements and other related items; verifies their accuracy; forwards them to client with appropriate correspondence
- Follows up on open quotes
- Maintains a concern for timeliness and completeness when interacting with clients and prospects to minimize potentials for E&O claims
- Accurately documents client files as to coverage discussions, quotes, declination, and coverages change or declined
- Verifies policy and policy change information, facilitating corrections when necessary
- Determines reasons for requests for cancellations; acts to save accounts
- Processes and following up on cancellations requests to carriers to ensure accurate and timely resolution; maintains agency in financial equity whenever possible
- Assists clients in submitting first reports of claims, facilitates prompt response from carrier staff and follows up on claims status, according to agency procedures
Key Measures of Success
- Annual retention rate of assigned accounts
- Client relationships as measured by agency feedback
Required Skills, Key Competencies and Experience
- Successful "A Players" ONLY. We have high-expectations of everyone in the agency and there is no place for under-performers
- High school diploma
- Active Texas Property and Casualty license
- Ability to think quickly and develop reasonable solutions to problems
- Minimum 3 years successful personal lines account management experience
- Intelligent and reliable self-starter with well-polished communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely in English (oral and written)
- Ability to demonstrate self-control and an ability to manage time and priorities
- Experience working with mid-market accounts with premiums of $50K+
- Knowledge of personal insurance products and coverages
- Knowledge of insurance markets and reference to markets
- Knowledge of insurance rating and underwriting procedures
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with many concrete and abstract variables
Preferred Attributes and Qualifications
- Bachelors degree preferred but not required
- CIC, CPCU, CLS, CISR and/or CAM designations
- Experience with Vertafore AMS360
- Bilingual in Spanish
Benefits To Joining The First Insured Team
- Competitive Pay with increases possible based upon performance
- Long-Term Career Stability
- 100% Fully-Paid Company Benefits (health/dental/vision/life)
- Two weeks vacation the first year
- One week personal time off
- College Tuition Fund for children of employees
- Work with other experienced "A Player" peers
- Beautiful working environment in Northwest Austin (Arboretum)
First Insured values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, First Insured is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.
First Insured does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes and we will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed "Employment Agency Agreement" already on file with Human Resources.
In order to be considered for this opportunity; send your resume, cover letter, and a list of at least five references to Mark Cannary at firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.